Sunday, November 9, 2014

God's Power Trumps Our Weakness!

I have lived in Texas for over five months now. I must say the transition is getting easier. Adam and I have found a great church and started going to a couples group as well as a women's group for me too. This has helped in so many ways. I am able to meet new people that have lived here all of their lives and also meeting people who are new like me. One thing is for sure, I know God has us both here for a reason. I have learned so much, which has been amazing, but this can also bring insecurities as well. This is the first time I have moved so far from home. The first time (and only time) I have been married, the first time I haven't had a job, I mean the list can go on!!! All of this, change, change, change and it can bring up insecurities! I would like to say that I am pretty confident, but even going to a new women's Bible study brings up insecurities within me. Even when I leave I wonder if I said all the right things too. (Whose been there!?!?) I am doing so many things that are completely new with no map to go by and so the weaknesses in my own life seem to shine so much brighter. How depressing would life be if the only outcome of change is weakness and insecurities? Thank God it is not. "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9. I absolutely LOVE this verse. I know I don't need to be perfect but reading this verse allows peace to come over my imperfections and just allow God and the people around me to love me just the way I am. All those tiny voices that try to speak otherwise are gone. I believe we miss Gods blessings everyday when we focus on our weaknesses and not the strengths God has given us each day. Not everyone will like you, you won't remember everything on your grocery list, you will not always say the right thing at the right time... And guess what? By Gods grace there is always tomorrow. As long as you are actively pursuing God and striving to be better in your walk everyday that is what is important, not all the tiny things that try to take away your peace everyday. Our weaknesses should be acknowledged, prayed over, and worked on to improve. However, we should not allow a new season in our lives to destroy all the great things that come with the change! We should become humble, realizing how much we need God, and run to Him with our weaknesses and insecurities. As I am learning so much in this new season of my life, and I am learning how much God wants me to come to Him in all areas I can rest in the assurance He is with me, giving me wisdom and direction everyday. If you're like me and find yourself pondering your weaknesses and insecurities too much...STOP, rely on 2 Corinthians 12:9. Write it down on a notecard and put it in your pocket ( I have done this so many times for many different areas of my life) and pull them out and read them every time you find you need to. Rely on the Word of God and begin to walk in he confidence and security that YOU are His child, that He has chosen YOU specifically for a unique purpose. YOU are part of a very important plan. Start enjoying the work God is performing in your life. God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment