Monday, October 13, 2014

The changing life and the constant Bible

Life has been extremely busy lately. The last few months have been such a transition with moving to a new city, being newly married, finding a new job and so on. I absolutely love the place in life I am in right now. Many things I have prayed about, God has given to me this last year. I have my seminary degree, I found the man of my dreams, and we started a new life together. Although all of this has been a blessing and a gift from God, it still has been a transition, and sometimes a stressful one. There is one thing however, that is never changing and I rely on this on the most stressful of days: God loves me. I have found that although I am far from everything and people I knew (besides my husband) I am closer to God because of it. On most days I can not wait to have my quiet time and am quick to open my Bible, devotionals, and commentaries so that I can learn more. I never want to stop learning and because I have not found a job yet, this is the perfect time to devote myself to learning the Bible even more. Adam and I have recently started memorizing scripture. We are memorizing Psalms 86:11 “ Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness, give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.” I love this verse because we are both learning everyday what the Bible says about certain issues and we find it to relate to our life presently. It is important to understand the value of not having an undivided heart. I want to have a firm stance on all issues and never waver, no matter what circumstances will come. By memorizing this verse, my hope is that it becomes cemented within my heart during all trials. God is faithful and relying on Him when you feel alone, confused, scared or tempted will always lead you to a better place. I find peace in His faithfulness. All I know is this simple truth: The more time you spend with God, the more your relationship will grow and you will want to spend more time with Him. We all have busy and stressful lives, but make time for Him. Find a subject in the Bible you want to learn more about and research, study, read, and learn. The Bible is a direct link for our guidance, support and wisdom. I promise you won’t regret the time you’ve spend in His Word. God Bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment