Thursday, September 8, 2011

Revelation in Trust

A new school year has started yet again. Many things have changed in my life since my last post. I have made a commitment to myself and to anyone else out there that reads this, that I will be posting at least once a week. Yes, once a week! So here we go!!
Today I woke up, and was unusually running late for work. I do not always run late for work, but at the last minute I decided to change my outfit of choice and wear something else. So that includes getting out the iron again, finding another belt, and so on. So I was running late. When I got to work I found that my very favorite mug that hold all my important pens on my desk was broken into pieces laying on my desk! I was at first outraged. I loved that mug, and to see it in such condition on my desk was horrible. I was bound and determined to find out which person at night that cleans up, broke my mug. However, after a few minutes I realized that I needed to calm down and not get so angry about what was probably an accident. Although, I still was upset I decided I was not going to let that ruin my day, and spoke out loud that I was having a great day and nothing could go wrong today.
A few minutes after that I decided to use a machine grade some papers, only to find out that it would not work for me. It wasn't broken... two teachers had used it earlier, but for me it just wouldn't work. I had to laugh at that point. Things just weren't going my way today, and it was only two hours in.
I decided to calm my mind down, and just relax and take my time the remainder of the day. There was nothing I could do about the grade machine, there was nothing I could do about my pitiful mug, so the best thing I could do was to recenter and continue on.
All of this to say that life is this very same way. Seriously, life has ups and downs, its busy, and then its calm. What we are to do as Christians is to trust in the LORD and know more than we know anything else, that He is in control of everything.
Isn't that hard though? Especially for me. I have such a hard time not trying to fix everything, or think things through, or defuse a situation. But we are to trust in the LORD. I have recently started catching my self when I start the "what ifs" to just stop and focus on God. I will never know what is going to happen tomorrow, but God does. I will never have the answers to everything, but God does. The only job I am to have is to pray, meditate on God's will, and to read the Word.
To trust the LORD fully with everything in your life may be difficult. However, doing this will only strengthen your relationship with Him. When I began this new challenge to trust in God more with everything in my heart I became excited. I knew this journey would only lead me closer to God and would show me God in a totally different way. When we have faith and trust God more, I believe we begin to view things in a whole different way.
I have wrote down many Bible verses pertaining to this subject, and I often take them out and read them.
Isaiah 43:18-19: Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not preceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.
How cool is that?? God will make a way for us, no matter where we are! He is in complete control and loves us more than we could ever imagine.
Psalms 19:14 says "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, oh Lord, my rock and my redeemer". I love this verse. I often say it in the mornings to begin my day.
My life has changed so much, and I love the place God has me at right now. I want to learn all I can, and grow closer to God every single day. I truly believe the only way is to totally trust God and rely on Him during all the seasons of our lives. If you don't completely know where to start, just simply tell God 'I want to grow closer to you, show me how'. He will honor your request to grow closer to Him.
I really can't imagine my life without Him. Until next week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment