Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Harvest

Life has changed quite dramatically since I have last posted. To let you know a little secret, I felt my life for the past few years was a transition period or stepping stones to a bigger picture. I was in graduate school for Christian Leadership, I was working full time as a teacher, and I was patient, at least most of the time. When I truly felt I should apply and attend seminary, I knew I would be waiting. I understood that my direct instruction was to attend seminary and work full time. I also knew that after graduating I would have a better idea of what to do with my degree. Well four years later, I just graduated from seminary, and I just married the love of my life. I am also moving across the country with my husband as he starts his new job!!!! This ways my next step. I can not describe how I knew that life for the past few years was a transitional time, or why I knew all would work out after graduating. I just know that when you are truly in tune with what God’s direction is for your life, and what His will is for your life, you find peace in the journey. This journey was not always easy for me. My job is not exactly the easiest, and sometimes I thought I would be single forever. But I waited and I truly had faith in that tiny voice I heard years earlier. Now I still do not know what I will be doing. Other than moving to Texas with my new husband, nothing else has been revealed. But I am at peace with that. I am so excited about this new stage in my life and I am ready for it!!! I am finishing up teaching and will be packing up to move in two months. I will continue to pray and to ask God for guidance in what opportunities I have out in Texas. I am a newlywed and I am moving and starting a new career. That is enough to drive some people crazy. But every time I think about the struggles or how stressful life may be without the security of my family and friends and just the overall familiarity of life, I then turn and think, ‘I am going to get so much closer with God’. I know He will be there for me. He knows exactly who I am and what I will need. He will sustain me and He will provide for me. He is my true joy and happiness. What is funny is although this is the end of this waiting game, there will be another one right around the corner. Life is like that. What is important to remember, (and I have to remind myself of this a lot ) is to enjoy the journey. Enjoy waiting and the dullness that may come with it. Give praise for those dull and boring days, and be thankful that there are days to rest. I can not believe how drastic my life has changed. I had to wait 31 years for this to happen, and I would have waited another 31 if I had to for this season of harvest. Some of the pieces to my puzzle of life are fitting together. I am no longer scattered and flipped up side down in some areas of my life. There are many areas in which I am still figuring out how to go. I find peace in that. I am not perfect and I never will be. Philippians 3:13 is a verse I love during this time: “But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead. I pursue as my goal the prize promised by God’s heavenly call in Christ Jesus.” This is what I hold on to. There are many mistakes and failures that I could remind myself of when thinking of the new adventure to come. I could remind myself of how weak and insecure I am, and how I am not worthy. But I know better than that. I know who I am in Christ Jesus and He knew who I was (good, bad, and ugly), the minute He called me into relationship with Him. Do not think you are ever less than worthy for God’s calling on your life. You have an important job to do for His kingdom and His glory. Find strength in the understanding that you were picked specifically for a certain calling, and God will equip you with what ever you need. As I end this entry, I don’t know how wise or uplifting it is. I know that I had the urge to update and to say I am quite excited to share all my amazing experiences of being a new wife, living in a new state, and working out life (and what I am going to fix for dinner every night!). I wanted to start a new blog, but this is still the perfect one, it has just shifted as the roles of who I am in life have changed. Peace and blessings! Lora

No comments:

Post a Comment