Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Tiny Whispers of God's Graciousness

There are many things that put a smile on my face. I believe everyday holds something to smile about. Even if we are faced with hard times, God gives us little blessings through out the day to help us along. All of these blessings can be seen through nature, a word from a friend, or just a stress free afternoon with a good cup of coffee.
Even when God is redirecting us, we can still have a smile on our face. Recently, God showed me an area in which I could refine or work on in my life. As I was hearing God’s small nudge of redirection I couldn’t help but smile. I am so happy God cares for us so much he starts with a small whisper. It is only when we are unable to hear and do not wish to hear that our life’s are sometimes turned up side down before we listen to what we need to do.
The more I read my Bible, and strive to become closer to God, the more I can hear the small voice of God. I love to hear when God speaks softly. I praise God during those times. I want to learn how to take those small voices just as serious as those loud and over-powering voices we experience when we get to far in. I do not want to go so far that my entire life is crumpling around me before I stop and listen to God. I want to listen to Him now, in the most quiet areas of my life.
When I pray every day, a part of that prayer is asking God to continue to prune me and make me who He wants me to be. However, In the middle of that “pruning” process I can get overwhelmed and feel defeated. This however is not what God wants us to feel like. Especially when we ask Him to prune our areas that need to go away.
I have realized that the “pruning” process is a process and it takes time. God will not show me everything I need to work on all at once, as well as, just because He is showing me areas I need to work on, I should be jumping up and down for joy that He in all of His wonderful grace and mercy is continuing to teach me. I need not feel defeated and over whelmed. This is a wonderful thing. I am praising that small voice, and thanking God I am hearing that small voice, before it becomes too loud to bare.
I am so thankful God is still using me and molding me to be exactly who He wants me to be. I am so humbled at the fact that God views me as usable. I want God to use me in any and all areas of my life. My prayer is that He will dig out all the bad stuff and refill me with everything I can not produce on my own. However, before that can happen we need to have the ability to listen and obey Gods voice, may it be small or large.
Psalms 18: 30 says “God, His way is perfect; the Word of the LORD is pure. He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him. For who is God besides the LORD? And who is a rock? Only our God. God, He clothes me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer and sets me securely on the heights. He trains my hands for war; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You have given me the shield of Your salvation; Your right hand upholds me, and Your humility exalts me. You widen a place beneath me for my steps, and my ankles do not give way.”
God is power. Turn to Him in all areas of your life. You won’t be disappointed. He is calling for you to turn to Him. Trust in Him. If you are a Christian, self examination is a good thing. What areas of your life has God been whispering to you in? Turn to Him in those areas so that God may transform your life!!! Our God can do all things! He is powerful and mighty, don’t wait, let him in!!!
God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment